Based on the basic principles of the Philippine Motor Vehicle Development Program implemented by the Board of Investments, the four (4) major motorcycle manufacturers and assemblers: Honda Philippines, Inc., Kawasaki Motors (Phils.), Corp., Norkis Trading Co., Inc. and Suzuki Philippines, Inc., established in 1973 an association known as the Philippine Motorcycle Manufacturing Program (PMMP).
In 1987, new MVDP guidelines were finalized and program name was, likewise, changed to Motorcycle Development Program (MDP). The Association was given the new name of Motorcycle Development Program Participants Association, Inc. (MDPPA) in 1989.
Eastworld Motorcycle Industries, Corp. (Motorstar) and MCX Motor Phils., Inc. joined the association in 2003 and 2006, respectively. Yamaha Motor Philippines, Inc. and Kymco Philippines, Inc. followed suit in 2008.
The current five members of the Association, Honda, Kawasaki, Suzuki, Yamaha and Kymco, are all active participants of the government’s Motor Vehicle Development Program (MVDP).
To be the premier motorcycle manufacturers association in the Philippines
To provide motorcycle to every Filipino home
- • Reliability
- • Environment-friendly
- • Safe Riding
- • Technology driven
- • To work Together in intensified market development activities aimed at promoting the widespread usage motorcycles with emphasis on the sports and recreational aspects.
- • To encourage and support the establishment and growth of light and medium scale enterprises locally producing motorcycle parts and components in line with government objectives.
- • MDPPA organize a yearly exclusive Motorcycle Show.
- • Conducts a “Free” Learn to Ride a Motorcycle among the media people every year.
- • Participates in Motor shows organized by private organization. Actively participates in the discussion on government policies affecting Motorcycle Industry.
- • Coordinates with the Philippine Government to promote environmental campaign, specifically to prevent and control air pollution from motorcycles.